Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Two things that make me happy ...

Beers ... and a quick veggie patty melt!
Beer 8.5.08

So, there's a Polish supermarket a couple of blocks from my house that has a beer section that is just awe-inspiring. ;) They have beers from nearly every country in the world that makes beer. They even had the beer I had in Casablanca, Morocco (pictured above)! I also picked up the Zywiec Porter which is a delightful brown-sugary dark beer with 9.5% alcohol. tee hee hee.

I made this delicious, quick, and low-fat veggie patty melt for dinner yesterday to accompany my Casablanca beer.
Veggie Patty Melt 8.5.08
I was quite pleased with the results.

Ingredients:
1 Boca® burger patty (or other veggie patty)
1 yellow onion, sliced in thin strips
olive oil to fry onion
1 slice 2% white American cheese
2 slices bread
mustard

Preparation:
1. Sauté the onion in a bit of olive oil until it's brown. Mmm.
2. Microwave your veggie patty and toast your bread
3. Spread mustard on toast and layer burger, cheese, onions.
4. Serve with your fave side and a nice cold beer.

MMmmmmm.

No comments: