Monday, May 4, 2009

Pizza dough efforts and other musings...

Exams are over and I've been doing some cooking. Unfortunately, I haven't been doing much picture-taking. heh.

I tried my hand at making the pizza dough recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance (even though I usually destroy anything that requires something resembling dough). It went OK - certainly better than I thought it would. I think, next time, I'm going to make four small pizzas which will be easier to stretch out - rather than two twelve-inch pizzas. :)

I topped them with some tomato sauce, fresh tomato slices, black olives, fresh basil, and the tofu-basil ricotta from Veganomicon. It was edible, but I am going to keep trying to make the perfect crust over and over. :) At least it's a cheap experiment - only requiring yeast, flour, and water.

Other than that, I made the muhammara and baba ghanouj recipes from Vegan Fire & Spice. Both are somewhat insanely delicious and habit-forming, but that version of baba ghanouj is definitely the best I've ever made! It is fluffy and delightful - just like you get at Middle Eastern restaurants. I am proud, very proud. :) haha.

My parents are coming over for their Mother's Day visit on Saturday. I think I will make the baba ghanouj for that. Hmm. What else to make?

I signed up for a 4-week intro to yoga series. I am very excited. I had taken an intro class at a wonderful yoga studio in Manhattan two years ago and loved it. However, that just proved to be too inconvenient of a location to get to in order to continue on a regular basis. Hopefully now I will pick up where I left off and make this a more regular part of my life. :)

No comments: