Sunday, November 15, 2009

Vegan Pumpkin Pie

So, the first recipe I decided to make from Urban Vegan is the Punka' Pie (p.160). Yum!
11.14.09 Vegan Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients:
1 pie crust (I used a 9 inch graham cracker pie crust and I had a lot of filling leftover)

One 14-16oz can of pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
Two 12.3oz boxes Mori-Nu firm tofu
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt (I omitted)
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
egg replacer for one egg(I used Ener-G brand egg replacer)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425F.
Mix all batter ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
Pour into crust. Bake for 15 mins, then lower heat to 350F and bake an additional 35 mins. Top will be golden and perhaps a bit cracked when done.

Note: If I use a premade 9 inch graham cracker crust again, I'll just use one box of Mori-Nu. That would increase the pumpkin to tofu ratio and I might not have so much leftover. :)

No comments: