Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Easy Lemon and Garlic Kale

1.4.2011 Lemon and Garlic Kale

Ingredients:
1 bunch kale, washed, ribs removed and discarded.
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup water

Method:
Combine all ingredients except kale in a large tall pot. Bring to a simmer. Throw in kale one handful at a time. Put a lid on it to steam the kale. Stir every once in a while. Cook kale until it's bright green and tender (about 5 - 8 mins). Enjoy!

Note: I made this with the polenta and seitan casserole from Alicia Silverstone's book The Kind Diet. Unfortunately, the casserole didn't turn out so good, so I'm not posting it just yet. I'm going to have to tweak it with some spice additions of my own. ;) I think it'll also be better with some nutritional yeast added!

No comments: