Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chewie goes vegan!

Chewie Summertime

I've been thinking about switching little Chewie over to a vegan diet because I don't want him to eat anything gross that I wouldn't eat. Plus, he seriously needs to outlive me; I ♥ Chewie! I came across V-Dog vegan kibble today which looks amazing! I ordered it and I'm so excited to see how Chewie likes it. I'm also going to get him some Organic VEGA Antioxidant Omega oil blend to put over his food as his vet has suggested he needs some oil in his life.

I also ordered the Simple Little Vegan Dog Book by Michelle Rivera and I can't wait to make him some yummy yum yums to enjoy in addition to his nutritionally balanced doggie food. Fortunately, Chewie actually likes his greens and eats zucchini. Good boy.

Here are some resources about meatless meals for your furbabies:
PETA's article about vegan dogs and cats

Good vegan nutrition for doggies

A list of "people foods" by ASPCA and whether or not those foods are OK for your pup.


No comments: