Saturday, January 10, 2015

Vegan "No Huevos" Rancheros and a Simple Salad


Vegan "No Huevos" Rancheros

This is one of my favorite quick as can be dinners.

Ingredients:
Polenta, prepared (I buy one of the pre-cooked polenta rolls when I'm feeling lazy.)
GOYA Rancheros beans
Olives (I usually use black olives)
Fresh chopped tomatoes
Avocado chunks
Vegan sour cream (if you like) - I like Tofutti brand.
Salsa

Preparation:
Layer polenta slices at bottom of microwaveable bowl, then a layer of the beans. Cover and heat until warm (about 1 min 30 seconds).
Layer some salsa, fresh tomatoes, olives, avocado, and sour cream on top.
Enjoy!

 
Simple Beet Salad
 
Including here because I am trying to overcome my need to sprinkle cheese in every salad. This one was satisfying without the cheese.
 
Ingredients:
Roasted Beets
Avocado
Mesclun Lettuce
Cucumber slices
Shallot
Hemp Seeds
 
Wolffie's Balsamic Vinegar Dressing (from La Dolce Vegan p.95): (my fave!)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup oil (such as flax, hemp, or grapeseed)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
 
Preparation:
Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl. Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Sprinkle some dressing on salad. Yum.
 
I think I'll have some soy whip and chocolate pudding for dessert. ;) Yum!

No comments: