Sunday, January 17, 2016

2016!

I'm a bit late posting in this New Year. I spent the entire fall under a rock writing my final paper for my institute training in psychoanalytic psychotherapy, so I've been taking it easy since my Christmas break.
Here are some yummy things I've been eating:

I made the Root Veggie Tagine (pictured above) from Crazy Sexy Kitchen for New Year's Day. I threw in some black eyed peas instead of chickpeas to be traditional. I used turnip. It was so, so good! This is one of my favorite cookbooks.

Today, I made the Cheddary Broccoli Soup and the Chicky Tuna Salad (pictured above) from Isa Does It. Every recipe from this book has been great. I don't even like soup and I LOVE this soup! Go figure.

On a different note, it has been sad to read how many talented people we've lost so far in 2016 - mostly to cancer. It does make me think; life is short. How can I balance work and those things I must do to live the life I want - with actually living the life I want? I work too much. Within the next few months, I will graduate from my institute for post-graduate training in psychoanalytic psychotherapy, get my license for private practice, find an office, and start seeing clients for individual psychotherapy. I will finally be able to make my own schedule!

I need time with my doggie love. I need to travel more. I need to visit the Bhakti Center more. I need to see friends more.

I've laid some plans to get started on all that. I'm going back to Paris in May for my BFF's 40th birthday! I haven't been since 2009 and that is just too, too long for moi. I need to sit on the steps of Opera Garnier eating a large sandwich. Maybe I'll take a day trip to Rouen (a picturesque little town where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake). heh.

Here are some pictures of me and my puppy love, Chewie. He looks so cute when he is crashed out. He lives the life.




So comfy. haha

No comments: