Monday, July 19, 2021

Gỏi cuốn

 Summer Rolls (aka Gỏi cuốn)


Made some mostly raw summer rolls for lunch today. Filled them with shredded daikon, shredded carrot, fresh basil, fresh mint, julienned red bell pepper, and spinach. Rolled them in rice paper wrappers and some white sesame seeds. It was messy, but delicious. I think I'll try wrapping them in collards, chard, lettuce, or cabbage, too, for a totally raw option.

I finally found a dipping sauce that I like! Woo!

Spicy Raw Almond Butter Dipping Sauce 
(Recipe adapted from von Euw, Emily. The Rawsome Vegan Cookbook. Page Street Publishing Co, 2015, p.40.)
6 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon red miso paste (*it's what I had on hand instead of other miso)
3 tablespoons raw almond butter
Cayenne pepper (to taste)


No comments: