Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Polenta with Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes

Last night I felt like having some polenta. I never really cooked polenta before except to microwave it and throw some spaghetti sauce on it. *ick* ... I know ...

I really need to get better at taking pictures of the yummy things I make. We ate it before any pictures were snapped, but it was so simple to make and delicious that I had to share. Maybe I'll make it again tonight and take a picture this time. *laugh*

It looked very much like this though...


Ingredients for Polenta with Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes:
♥ 1 tube polenta (I used non-flavored, fat free, plain)
♥ 1 box fresh cherry tomatoes
♥ 1 red onion
♥ bunch fresh parsley (finely chopped)
dried oregano
dried basil
salt and pepper
olive oil

Method:
♥ Cut cherry tomatoes in half, cut polenta up into small cubes, and thinly slice onion.
♥ Put some olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
♥ Throw cut cherry tomatoes, onion, and polenta in a sauté pan.
♥ Heat through for a few minutes and then add oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
♥ Sauté ingredients for about 10 minutes and then fold in chopped parsley.
♥ Sauté for another few minutes and eat! Yummmmmm.

Image of tube of polenta in case you're curious...

No comments: