Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cauliflower and Leek Kugel

Yesterday, I made the cauliflower leek kugel out of my new cookbook - Vegan with a Vengeance. yay! This is written by the same author as Veganomicon. If I had to choose between Veganomicon or VwaV, I would choose Veganomicon but both are really good.

I really liked the kugel, but Lucas said it was a little bland. He likes everything spicy. I like most meals spicy, but I don't mind switching it up. It was creamy and dreamy and totally vegan. yummy!

Cauliflower and Leek Kugel 1.19.09Cauliflower and Leek Kugel 1.19.09 no 2

P.S. The author gives fun facts and hints throughout the book. For those of you who don't know (like I didn't) kugel simply means casserole. :)

1 comment:

George Erdosh said...

Interesting idea. I never though kugel meant other than kugel: like noodle kugel that I dearly love (I wish my wife did too, I would make it more often).

Check out my latest (Nov/08). It’s already getting great reviews:

Tried and True Recipes from a Caterer’s Kitchen—Secrets of Making Great Foods

www.howfoodswork.blogspot.com

Now available on many internet booksellers’ websites.