Friday, January 2, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

So many new recipes ... so many forgotten photos. *le sigh* I can't seem to remember to take photos of anything lately. Ah well. Perhaps I will remember to take a pic of the fettucine with asparagus that I'm making tomorrow. (Well, later today seeing as how it's now 12:24am.) I'm wide awake thanks to getting up at 2pm today. haha. I had a fun New Year's Eve and a very relaxing New Year's Day today. I got up, made brunch for Lucas and I ... took a shower ... changed into my lounging/yoga pants ... and watched movies all day. Ahhh ... I love Jan 1st.

I'll probably be up all night and then exhausted at work tomorrow, but whatever ... :p

I got a new cookbook for Christmas (yay!) and I've already made several recipes and forgot to take pictures of all of it. LOL
The cookbook is Quick Vegetarian Pleasures by Jeanne Lemlin. I made pumpkin muffins, veggie cream cheese, crunchy lentil salad, tomatoes stuffed with couscous, polenta with spicy eggplant sauce, and tomorrow I'm making the fettucine with asparagus in lemon cream sauce. yum!

I substituted my own ingredients for veggie cream cheese. I softened some low fat cream cheese in the microwave and mixed in some minced garlic and chopped basil. Why I've never done this before is beyond me! I think fat free cream cheese tastes kind of crappy but I hypothesize that it will taste delightful using these ingredients added to it. I went to two stores, but couldn't find fat free, so I had to settle for low fat. Thus, my hypothesis remains untested. heh. I'll work on that next week.

All of these recipes were delicious, so I would highly recommend this book! It is heavy on recipes that use cheese, but I just used less cheese than called for and substituted lower fat ingredients whenever possible. :)

No comments: