Friday, January 2, 2009

Fettuccine with Asparagus in Lemon Cream Sauce

Fettucine with asparagus in lemon cream sauce 1.2.09

This was quite yum, but I think I'll add some onion and red pepper flakes for hotness next time. My personal preference is just for spicier sauces.

Ingredients:
3/4 lb fettuccine (I used spinach)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
zest of 1 lemon
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese

Cook the fettuccine until al dente in a large pot of boiling water.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and asparagus and saute, tossing constantly, for 2 mins. Pour in 2 tablespoons of water, cover, and cook for 5 mins. Combine the milk, cream, lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Pour over the asparagus and bring to a boil. Drain the fettuccine and return to pot with the cream sauce. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

I served this with a salad. Mmm mmm mmm. Lucas was too sick to really taste it, but I liked it so I'll definitely be making this again. :)
Source: Quick Vegetarian Pleasures by Jeanne Lemlin.

No comments: