Monday, January 20, 2014

Crazy Sexy Vegan Crabby Cakes with Remoulade

Another recipe from Crazy Sexy Kitchen ... you MUST buy this book. Every recipe I've made from it has been insanely delicious. This might be one of the best things I've ever made. I LOVE, LOVE crab cakes and I've eaten plenty of the seafood variety in my lifetime. These actually taste identical. I doubt any omnivore could tell the difference. Amazing!

I feel like I have no desire to eat the "real thing" again. Mission accomplished.

They are made with hearts of palm and the remoulade that accompanies them is also top notch.
I served this with a simple steamed acorn squash and some kale. Mmmm mmm good.

 
In other exciting news, my new Vitamix arrived! Huzzah! I immediately made a mango and spinach smoothie, some avocado hummus, and some raw almond butter. yay!
 
Chewie was less excited to get his new sweatshirt, but he looks very cute in it. :o)

No comments: